My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, April 28, 2006

STAYING CONNECTED

Had lunch with an old friend today, Bill Clemens who pastors Christian City Church in Greenlawn - www.christiancitychurch.net

Since we both share a love for Indian food, it was natural to hook up at the newish Indian buffet in Selden, though it's not the smartest eating plan for someone working at dropping his final 30 pounds!

I haven't hung out with Bill for at least two years and I was glad to hear from him when he called last week. Sometimes life gets so full that we just don't make time to enjoy things like eating good food and being with friends. Shame on us. We parted this afternoon determined to rearrange our priorities a little better in the future.

Bill has just ended a very lengthy battle with the Town of Huntington over his church's plans to build on land they bought there. After years of hearings, court cases, etc., the Town finally bought the land from them and they were able to buy a great facility that came on the market not far from where they had been worshiping. It wasn't the way they had planned things, but God knew best and the outcome has been remarkable.

It reminded me to be patient with our own building battles, because God has the masterplan. I'm up for him surprising me like he did Bill.