My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

TIME FLIES

Thirty nine years ago this month I was in the final stages of preparations to leave home and head off to Bible College. My summer job in the offices of a shipping company was about to come to an end and I would leave for Surrey, just south of London on Monday September 6th 1968.

I arrived before most of the freshmen students that day (early arrival has been a way of life for me) and therefore I had the advantage of choosing which bed I wanted in the seven student dormitory.

Later that afternoon a bespectacled young guy from Essex came into the room, introduced himself and picked the bed next to mine. His name was Peter Butt.

Tonight he's sitting across from me in our den, here for around 36 hours before he flies back to the UK on Saturday morning.

I am blessed to have a number of good, long-time friends.

It's hard to believe that it's almost 40 years since Pete and I met, but it's good to have friendships that have lasted - and lasted and lasted!

BTW - he does look old!!!!