My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

MY PHONE DIDN'T RING!

There's a ton of stuff to take care of when you're planning to be away for a short while and this week has been the time to get everything in place so that I'm clear for my time in rain-soaked India.

One important matter was passing a lot of paperwork and other information on to our attorney so that the interested party in Washington DC can continue examining how the Town of Brookhaven has been denying its constituents' First Amendment rights.

Last night I took another look at the Town Board meeting when the amendment to regulate building in residential areas was slipped through at the last minute (though it was not even on the agenda). Councilman Hennessey asked for several assurances from the Planning Commissioner regarding Grace Church. One was that she call us the next morning - September 21st 2005 - to explain how best we could proceed. She assured him that she would.My phone didn't ring!

But that's okay. Things are taking their course and the work of God has never been dependant upon the Town of Brookhaven.

Later this afternoon our most recent missions team to the Dominican Republic will return from a most succesful trip. Tomorrow we will gather resources for another year of reaching out to those in need at home and abroad. New people are worshiping with us every Sunday and on July 2nd we will be baptizing some of those who have come to faith in Christ.

When Nehemiah was rebuiilding the walls of Jerusalem, his adversaries wanted him to come down and talk things over with them. He replied - What I'm doing is important, I can't waste my time with you. (RJB Version).

We're involved in life-changing stuff. I am thankful that we have outstanding attorneys who are dealing with God's adversaries on our behalf. I'm happy to leave it all with them and carry on with what is important.