My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

DEEPER INTO THE 21st CENTURY

Okay, so this afternoon I ventured deeper into the 21st Century by embracing yet another technological advance that certainly was not around when we were pre-tv kids listening to the radio. I am now the proud, if puzzled, owner of the hottest seller over the Christmas period this year. That's right, I have an Ipod.

And not just any Ipod. It's a black 30 GB that can hold 7500 songs - to say nothing of sermon downloads, videos and whole books. Imagine how much "reading" I can get done at the gym in the mornings instead of following the trivial musings of Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson on GMA.

Here's the really cool bit - I didn't buy the Ipod. Didn't steal it either!

It was a gift from a church in the area that I have been trying to encourage and that is doing extremely well (without my help that is!). I was blown away when one of the leaders came to the door and presented me with this gift from their young church.

That generous attitude speaks well of them and bodes well for the future. God always gives seed to people who are sowers.

As for me, I now have to look through my CD collection and decide which tracks to omit as I only have room for 7500!!!