My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

BATTER UP!

The Softball season starts tonight and our church team will set about maintaining their great record from last season - regular season runners up and play-off champions.

When we first started visiting Long Island, long before we came to live here, I was fascinated by this Saturday evening ritual. Apart from the fact that the game was totally new to me, it was riveting to watch the rivals on the field.

You learn a heck of a lot about people by watching them compete, so I'll be there observing tonight - and root, root, rooting for the home team!