My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

TUESDAY WILL BE SIGNIFICANT

Most Towns/States don't have a Conservative Party - other major parties take the conservative position. But here in New York, there was a vacuum, so the Conservative Party was established to fill it. Sadly they did not stick to the politics their name implies. But all that is about to change.

At the Brookhaven Conservative Party's Convention on Tuesday evening the New Conservative Majority is set to take control of the party. With 340+ delegates to the old guards less than 100, the New Conservative Majority (for that you can read Chrustian leadership team) is set to have a new Executive established which will stick to Conservative and Christian principles.

They have asked me to act as Chaplain to the Executive to help them ensure that whatever they pursue is Biblical and will help the development of God's kingdom in this area.

There is an interesting time ahead for local politics. Please pray for Tuesday night to go smoothly and for this new force in the Town's leadership to have all the wisdom they need.

As I have written here before, their first demand will be that the Town Board revokes its restrictions on church buildings!