My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

WEBSITE

I like the way the website is coming together. We passed on Ian Baer's advice on changes to the first draft and it's looking pretty sharp. All I have to do now is edit the material we want to shift over from the existing site and then write the rest. Could be a busy couple of days ahead.

Most of the people who visit us on Sundays have checked out the website already, which is a smart way to go. I'd do the same. I wouldn't want to wait until I got there to be invited to drink some Kool-Aid or to discover the pastor and his wife sit on gold thrones on the stage, him with a very bad hairdo and her looking like she lost a paintball competition.

You can check a church out from a safe distance by visiting their website.

I've visited hundreds - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Most are bad or ugly because a website is looked upon as an added extra. It's not, it's an essential part of making a connection with interested parties. We ignore it at our peril.