My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

BUILDING YOUNG LIVES

Okay, so what was going on in our basement yesterday, you have been wondering. Well, we were doing some reorganizing of our offices (thanks Joe) to make room for the change I announced during this morning's service.

As a commitment to the development of a remarkable children's program, we are taking one of our key staff members, Charlotte Engel and changing her areas of responsibility.

Having functioned for more than seven years with outstanding volunteers in our kids' ministry and Charlotte as our full-time Administrative/Executive Pastor, we are making some changes to upgrade what we do for children. So she will be passing on some of her workload to an administrative assistant and focusing on making our Sunday morning kids' stuff the best on the Island.

I guess she will be our Administrative/Executive/Children's Pastor!

If anyone can pull this off, Charlotte can. She's going to be using an outstanding program - KIDMO and from the Sunday after Labor Day, the UA in Patchogue will be the place for children to be.