My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, September 25, 2006

DAY OFF OR OFF-DAY?

I started my day-off this morning jogging my daily six miles at the gym and I ended it by eating chocolate chip cookies, brownies, some spice cake and a handful of chips (fat-free chips you'll be glad to know, but I do have a big hand!).

Why should this be of any interest whatever to any poor soul wandering the internet who happens upon this page? The truth is, it probably won't.

But for those who know me and have seen my journey towards health over the past eighteen months, it may serve as a reminder of the fact that we move gradually towards our goals in life and don't suddenly arrive there. In fact, we generally battle every step of the way.

But the ultimate goal makes the struggles worthwhile - and thankfully one out of control evening doesn't wipe out all that has been accomplished.

At least this proves I'm not anorexic!