My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

DONE DEAL

Brookhaven Conservative Party has a new leadership team. Last night's meeting went smoothly and our church's attorneys, Richard Johannesen and Ken Auerback now hold the top leadership positions in the party, with two of our church's members supporting them on the Executive. I'll be assisting them too in the newly created role of Chaplain to the Executive.

The conservative line is worth anywhere between 7% and 13% of the vote in local elections, so the party has been kingmaker for a number of years.

But sadly that influence has been abused for almost two decades, so it is an enormous breakthrough to have Christians in the leadership positions now.

When the Conservative leaders speak, politicians listen.

And they are going to be talking loud and clear!