My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

This was a very happy 8th Anniversary for me. We had a good morning, with a great crowd and a lot of new faces around the place. Here's what made it very special for me.

Eight years ago I had worked like a dog to get everything ready for our opening Sunday. I was exhausted but also elated. I guided everything that happened that day, then led the service, preached and greeted people.

Today I did very little of anything. I greeted the folks after the worship team's set and thanked those who had been with us for the whole of the journey thus far. That was it.

The rest of the morning I spent wandering around the place, amazed at what God is doing and humbled to see so much going on - without me! I put my head into Altered and Kidmo, watched Li'l K filling their recently expanded area and sat in the cafe with a drink, watching the video feed on a plasma TV as Lesaya preached a great message.

So many people involved! Such committed and capable people.

So this morning I wandered, wondered where the next few years will take us and expressed tremendous gratitude to God for the privilege of pastoring Church At The Movies.