My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

DEFINITELY UP A NOTCH

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm in my regular post-service mind-set of analyzing, savoring and reliving the morning service. It was a great morning! An hour ago when I was chatting with one of the guys from the church, we concluded things have definitely moved up a notch.

1. The place looks so much better. Investing heavily in quality banners and bits and pieces that add to the decor have reaped huge benefits.

2. The amount of buy-in is amazing. You would not believe how many more people have got involved in getting things going on Sunday mornings. The place was a zoo at 7.30 today.

3. Our worship team are sounding better than ever - they brought a great new song today that I loved.

4. As I mentioned last post, attendance is way up on what it was this time last year and this morning despite the rain (which generally cripples us) there was a great crowd.

5. There is a bunch of new people around. They were all over the place again today and I got to talk to a few of them after service. Every one of them was pumped and was planning to come back next week.

6. There's a looooong list of folks that are new to us who plan to join myself and the other pastors for coffee at our house next Sunday night.

7. We baptized seven people this moring as part of our quarterly Celebration Sunday where we baptize those who have come to faith in Jesus.

I'm wired. It has been a great day - all this and the Colts won again!