My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

WHO'S COMING?

We are gearing up for our Celebration Sunday and with that in mind, I stole this from Dave Ferguson's blog -

As I thought about our efforts to ask people to join us during this series I began to put people into categories and here are the people who I think are most likely to say "yes" if you ask them to join you at church.

1. Friends & Family - These are people that will say "yes" just because they like you and know it is important to you. I would not let that stop you from inviting them; if they will come who knows what God might do. Invite them to church and then out for dinner or more fun afterwords. You should definitely invite them.

2. Seekers & Searchers - These are the people that are spiritually searching and are very open to talking about God, religion and faith. These people don't claim to have the answers but really want to figure it out. We are doing a series on relationship and most all seekers and searchers are surprised to learn how God can help them in this most important area of life. Now is a great time to invite them.

3. Hurting & Needy - These are the people who have recently gone through a loss. They may have recently gone through a divorce, had a big job change, experienced the death of someone near them or some other tragedy that left them hurting and needing help. They are looking at the whole world differently than ever before and are open to ideas that before were unacceptable. You know someone like this right now...invite them.

4. Divine Appointments - These are the people that God has almost supernaturally put into your life. The only reason that your path crossed with this persons path is because God set up a divine appointment and he wants you to share Jesus with this person. If God has put one of these people in your life, invite them this series!