My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I LOVE IT

Just finished our first small group meeting of this session - Living A Blessed Life. It's a stufy in the Sermon on The Mount that runs parallel to our Sunday series on the beatitudes - Discover Recovery.

The group really was small, but it was a good evening as we talked about how those who realize they need God's help (the poor in spirit) are prime candidates for his blessing.

The best bit of the night came as our guests were leaving and one of them admitted to having had second thoughts about being baptized Sunday because he didn't feel he was good enough. Tonight reassured him that it's actually healthy to be in that frame of mind and he reaffirmed he would be getting baptized.

With my normal pastoral compassion, I simply agreed, "You'r not good enough!" Nor am I and nor is anyone - It's grace that brought us safe thus far and grace will lead us home.