My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, September 29, 2006

25%

The official figures are in - for the three Sundays since our relaunch on September 10th, there have been exactly 25% more people worshiping with us than for the same three Sundays one year ago.

Whatever way you cut it, that is good stuff and it means we are definitely moving in the right direction as we look to bust through the next major church growth barrier of 500 people on a Sunday morning.

The word is that once you get past the 500 mark, the next 500 comes far quicker, so the extra effort now is going to reap huge dividends in the not-too-distant future.

Here are a couple more quotes from my current favorite book - Go Big -

Ask for explosive growth to happen and position yourself for it to happen.

Remember, if it's possible, you don't need God. If it seems impossible, God is probably waiting for you to ask.