My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, October 06, 2006

STILL DREAMING

Here's an abbreviated version of something I put together not too long after we had started our church -

I HAVE A DREAM ...


I have a dream of a church where those who come in feeling condemned, get accepted; of a church where the fallen are restored, where the hurting are healed, and the lost are saved.

I have a dream of a church where everyone counts, where everyone is appreciated, where everyone is valued, not because of who they are down here, but because of who they are up there.

I have a dream of a church, where people are welcomed regardless of what they have done, where prodigals are received with open arms, and not with religious judgementalism.

I have a dream of a church where people don’t just receive grace but practice it.

I have a dream of a church where people who are single, divorced, widowed or orphaned feel secure and as much a part of the family as anybody else.

I have a dream of a church where the weight of the work doesn’t rest on a few, but where everybody shares the load, and plays their part in reaching the world.

I have a dream of a church where everything that is done is done with enthusiasm and excellence, and where lost souls are our top priority.

I have a dream of being God’s kind of church

- Is it possible?

– Is it possible on this planet to have a church like that?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!


We are not fully there, but we are definitely well on the way.