My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, November 24, 2006

HOME - BRIEFLY

Got home at about 4.00 this afternoon - left Florida as the temperature was getting back up to normal for the time of year and the sun was shining in a clear blue sky. Why couldn't it have done that for the past three days???

Have a number of things to take care of over the weekend in preparation for flying to India on Monday night. That will be a longer trip of course, but thankfully Delta has recently introduced a direct flight that only takes 14 1/2 hours from New York to Mumbai. It will be at least six hours shorter than past journeys which always included a layover in Europe, either in London, Frankfurt, Milan or Paris. The first three were tolerable - great capuccino in Milan airport - but my thoughts on having to spend any time at all in France have been aired here before!

Gill is staying with our friends in Florida over the weekend and then she flies over to Texas to spend some time with Jonathan, Donna and the grandchildren while I am away.

For the uninformed, travel is not exciting, romantic or any other adjective except plain tiring!