My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

THANKSGIVING

I like to think I'm as American as the next person, despite the fact that I'm still a newbie, having taken the oath of citizenship just six years ago. However, I must confess that when Thanksgiving comes around I still feel very much an outsider. I guess because I haven't done this holiday all my life, I really haven't been able to get into it properly, but for all of you for whom this is a special day in the year - Happy Thanksgiving!

Though I don't quite get it, I'm happy to go with the flow. So I'm currently watching the rainy Macy's parade and will later eat some turkey, watch some football and enjoy the relaxation of a quiet and thankfully warm day in Florida. So have a great time with the folks who are special to you.