My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

INTO EVERY LIFE ...

A lot of good things have been happening today, so I'm not taking the Colts' first loss of the season too badly!

We were missing a few people for set-up this morning, but it was amazing to see how everything was still ready for our 8.30 self-imposed deadline for being ready to roll. A couple who are pretty new to the church showed up before 8.00 to pitch in and help. I love it when folks decide to be a part of what is going on and not just a spectator.

The second part of our class for new folks had about 20 in it and although I was pressed for time, it seemed to go over well. I am expecting most of them to settle in with us and join us in our mission.

The service was good - great crowd.

Then I had lunch with one of our young men to chat about missions. He has done several short-term trips and is interested in returhing to Tsunami-struck Banda Aceh, Indonesia next year with a team.

An afternoon in the gym and early this evening I packed to head out for Florida tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with some good friends down there.

Pity about the Colts, but it has been a good day!