My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

52:45

A couple of months ago I announced here with great satisfaction that I had actually come in under 55 minutes for my 6-miles morning jog. That may not be an earth-shattering or record-breaking time, but for someone who twenty months ago was exhausted after walking one mile in twenty minutes, it's pretty darned good - though I say so myself.

This morning as I was driving to the gym I decided to kick things up a notch, having settled back down to a 55 to 60 minutes stint each day.

So I fastidiously studied the clock on the treadmill as I put myself through my paces and ended up with a new fastest time - 52 minutes and 45 seconds.

Now I realize that won't earn me a call to the 2012 Olympics in London, but I feel pretty darned good about it.

Sometimes we just need to push ourselves that little bit further.

And that translates into most areas of life!