My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, November 10, 2006

CHRISTIAN MUSIC


I'm with Rick Warren when he says there is no such thing as Christian music, just Christian lyrics. But there's a crossover point for lyrics too as we'll see Sunday when we start our series Finding God On Your Ipod.

If Have I Told You Lately That I Love You was being sung by Chris Tomlin in a worship setting, it would be called a Christian song. Belted out by an aging bad-boy Scottish rock star, it's different altogether.

However you look at them, the lyrics have something to say to us as we launch this series Sunday.

Rod will be there too!