My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

AND YOUR PLANS ARE???

If you'vw watched any TV lately, like me you may have got fed up with political ad after political ad after political ad.

Now don't get me wrong, I am grateful that we live in a democracy, will have the chance to vote next Tuesday and have options, but I wish there were just a few of the candidates who would tell us what they plan to do, instead of slagging off their opponents.

I guess that some of them just don't want us to know what their plans are - and I can understand that. Elliot Spitzer probably wants to ride into Albany and become governor of this great state solely on the merits of his work as Attorney General. He really doesn't want to go on TV and flaunt his declared intention to legalize gay unions in New York.

Maybe he should have the courage of his convictions, stand up and declare what he is for and not focus on who he is against. And then let the voters decide.