My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

THEY WON

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the office of former Jets head coach, Joe Walton, who now directs the football program at Robert Morris University in Pennsylvania.

Seems his Colonials were coming to Long Island to play the Stony Brook Seahawks and they wanted a pastor to do a pre-breakfast chapel service on game day. So I was over at the Holiday Inn in Ronkonkoma early yesterday to meet Coach Walton - a great guy who didn't excel in his years with the Jets but has worked wonders at RMU.

I chatted to the team members about a question some of us have heard a lot over the past few years - What on earth am I here for? - and then I prayed for them.

I actually prayed they'd win!

And they did - 21-6.

Several NFL teams have left messages for me today asking if I could not conduct a pre-game service, would I at least pray for them to win?

I am still waiting to see who makes the best offer before signing a contract!