My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

AMAZING


We have some incredible people who are part of CATMO. They showed it this morning. For the first time in three years no one showed to open the movie theater for us and we were stuck as we don't have a contact number for the current general manager anyway. So as helpers arrived from 7.00am onwards, there was a lot of discussion about what was going to happen.

With every passing minute the crowd of volunteers ready for action increased and by the time the sleepy manager arrived apologetically almost a full hour late, one entrepeneural person had just managed to open up a door and set of all the alarms!

Set-up started 60 minutes later than normal, but when 9.30 came around the seven areas we prepare were all ready and in great shape. An amazing job by dozens of dedicated people.

This is a great church!

And we do have the general managers number now!!!

The picture shows just one section of the storage room and all the equipment that has to be moved every Sunday.