My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'M WITH POPEYE

When I was a kid I loved watching Popeye cartoons and remember what the funny little guy used to say all the time before he turned to a can of spinach for a boost of superhuman energy -

I stands as much as I can stands till I can't stands no more!

I like to go to bed reasonably early on a Saturday evening, but have made an exception tonight as I've been watching the Mets' NLCS Game 3. I don't know what has come over them in St.Louis, but they stink.

I've been waiting for someone to do something special with the bat, but there's nothing happening. Their pitching has been embarassing too. It's the middle of the 7th and they're still down 5 - 0.

I stands as much as I can stands ...

But that's enough - GOODNIGHT!