My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

TO GO OR NOT TO GO?

Looks like the rain is the winner for the Mets first championship game scheduled for this evening. But if you're looking for a silver lining, I found one - for me, that is.

My son-in-law has a ticket for tonight's game and can't be there for the rescheduled contest with the Cardinals on Friday. So I have been offered the seat, but ...

I turned it down!

I guess if I was going with friends then I'd seize the opportunity, but one guy sitting alone in the crowd up in ther gods is probably not the best way to see the Mets get things stage of their season under way, so I declined the offer.

I reckon I'll get a better view of David Wright and co on the oversized TV that sits in the corner of my own den than from the upper decks of Shea.

However, if you come across two tickets for decent seats any time from here on and into the World Series, please feel free to call me!