My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

THANKS

Thanks for praying about the issues I mentioned in my earlier post today. Charlotte spent most of the day at the hospital with her mother-in-law and questions the brain damage suggestion. She says Freddy does have short term memory loss (heck, so have I and I'm not brain damaged), but he has a good grasp of what's what overall.

Jonathan has been having tests all day, but the one very positive outcome of his being admitted to hospital is that the lead doctor wants to start at the very beginning and re-test to double check even the sarcoidosis diagnosis. We've talked to him a couple of times today but when morphine wasn't touching the pain they gave him something stronger that essentially knocked him out.

It's tough being a long way from home when a crisis occurs in the middle of the night. What to do? Donna called the couple that she and Jonathan lead their small group with - at 2.00am - and they took the kids while the husband drove Jonathan and Donna to the ER at a reported 100mph.

Church family is a wonderful thing. A lot of us have lived long enough to have been royally screwed more than once within a local church. But it is still the best thing God has on earth. The church is the bride of Christ and he loves it.

I do too!