My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

SIMPLIFICATION

So how have I been preparing for tomorrow morning? Just got in from chasing around stores looking for a piece of equipment I decided I needed. There's a long story coming of course - so here it is!

Down in the DR a couple of days ago I decided I would see if I could get an egg whites omelette for breakfast. I had been very good at the amazing morning buffet in the hotel the previous day, just eating a plate of fresh fruit - a full plate of course. But on Thursday I approached the eggs station and started looking for a carton that resembled the egg whites I keep in the fridge at home. No joy.

Not to be deterred I asked the chef if he had any. "For you sir," he replied, "I will break some eggs."

As they say in the Guinness commercials - Brilliant!

Imagine that. How innovative. No cartons from the supermarket so he cracked the eggs, separated the yolks from the whites and made a delicious omelette, throwing in the veggies I had selected. Brilliant.

Then I got to thinking that maybe instead of buying pre-separated whites at almost $5 a pop, perhaps it would be a lot more cost-effective if I bought eggs at a buck and change a dozen and did what the hotel chef did.

So that's where I've been this evening, running around like an idiot looking for an egg separator, which I eventually found in good old Wal-Mart of course. A $2.79 investment that will make a world of difference and save me a fortune at the rate I eat omelettes nowadays.

And tomorrow morning we'll look at something so very simple that some folks may have forgotten it. Something that will not just make their lives easier, it will transform them. We're going to look at what Ed Young Jr calls The Real F Word - FORGIVENESS.

Now I'm ready for dinner - spinach and cheese egg whites omelette!!!