My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

AM I KIDDING MYSELF?

I was looking at these six questions today that were suggested as a gauge for how a church is doing. They were under the main question - Are your services enjoyable for visitors?

1. Does the worship music reflect a style the crowd appreciates?

2. Is the message addressing a topic that’s relevant to people’s lives?

3. Is there an appropriate amount of humor in the service?

4. Does the service flow smoothly from one thing to the next?

5. Are you using visual elements to capture people’s attention as they engage in worship and hear the message?

6. Do you periodically surprise people with something they weren’t anticipating?

I answered "Yes" to all six, but if I'm missing something, please do email me and let me know your perspective. Thanks!