My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

THE ULTIMATE THREAT

Picked up a great story from Charlotte this afternoon about a mother with two boys in KIDMO. Turns out she has a new tool to assist her in making these young men toe the line during the week. It goes like this - If you don't behave, you won't go to KIDMO on Sunday!

I love it! KIDMO rocks! No wonder kids don't want to miss it.

And there were thirteen new boys and girls there this morning, on a day when our overall crowd was up 25% on the first Sunday in November last year.

This morning we were talking about removing some of the curtains that section off a number of the seats in Worship Central, to keep everyone together. If KIDMO keeps doing its job, we'll be making those changes in the worship venue very soon!