My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTED

Just got back from the polls. Voting is certainly interesting and so wide open to fraud, it's amazing. Our son, who lives in Texas, is registered as a voter at our address. Since no one checked any ID, it would be totally straightforward for me to go back later, say I'm him, sign in beside the signature of his they have on record (our handwriting is very similar) and vote again. Maybe there should be more rigid scrutiny of people presenting themselves to vote????

What do I know, I'm a foreigner learning the system!

And who did I vote for? None of your business!

I'll tell you who I did not vote for though. I did not vote for any candidate who has spent the past several months ranting about a woman's right to choose, without balancing that with the fact an unborn baby has a right to live. Of course to most people the two cancel one another out, as all a woman having the right to choose really means is she can choose to kill a baby if she wishes to do so.

I didn't vote for anyone who plans to restructure society by offering two types of marriage in this country - heterosexual and homosexual. I have met some wonderful people who are homosexuals, but I will not alter, ignore or water down what God says in order to accommodate their lifestyle into the mainstream of American life. Nor will I in any way endorse their lifestyle. Spitzer will probably ride into Albany on a landslide vote, but he didn't get mine. He probably won't lose any sleep over that, but then I will be able to rest tonight with a clear conscience myself.