My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

NOW THIS IS CHRISTMAS

Had a great time on our regular Saturday afternoon mobile soup kitchen run today. We've been collecting the guys' sizes over the past few weeks and today everyone we served got a personalized Christmas gift bag with sweat shirt, tee shirt, candy, toiletries, etc. We also distributed the usual hot meals and pantry bags at these rooming houses and sober houses we visit.

You would not believe how appreciative everyone was. For some of those we served this may well be the only Christmas gift they get, which made it all the more satisfying to do it for them.

We had a great group of almost 20 people out with us distributing the goodies and it was a very special start to the holiday weekend.

In addition to these gift bags, we were able to provide them for the residents of the Ridge Adult Home and for the ladies in Frank Summer's Tuesday night group in Brentwood jail - almost 100 gift bags in all.

I guess Jesus was showing he knows a thing or two when he said it's more blessed to give than to receive!