My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

TOP TEN REASONS NOT TO MISS CHRISTMAS EVE

This weekend sees one of those once-every-156-years phenomenon and am I every ready for it! My favorite day of the week coincides with my favorite Holiday and so we get to do Christmas Eve in church on Sunday afternoon, in a big way.

Here are a few reasons you won't want to miss it (with thanks to Perry Noble!)-

#10 - We’ll shoot your eye out if you don’t come!

#9 - Your kids will not have to wear your bathrobes in order to be a shepherd…instead they will have their own Christmas KIDMO which is off the hook.

#8 - It will be FUN!!!!

#7 - We guarantee you’ll like at least one song, no matter how old, hip, or square you are!

#6 - You are not required to wear a Christmas sweater or a santa tie (whatever your wife says!).

#5 - Because people are GOING to meet Jesus…and you can be a part of that IF you INVITE someone TODAY! (GET PEOPLE HERE!!!)

#4 - You can grab some hot chocolate with whipped cream, plus a fistful of Christmas cookies and munch on them all through the service!

#3 - No Handel’s Messiah–Hallelujah!!!

#2 - It will be the most AWESOME experience you have ever had at church on a Christmas Eve

#1 - We understand that Christmas is all about JESUS…and HE will be lifted up in a radical way!!!