My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, December 15, 2006

SUNDAY'S COMING!

Taking the nativity story for a sermon series seemed really logical when we decided on it several months ago - and far less demanding than some of the stuff we've done so far this year.

And the truth is, I really am enjoying getting into it. Okay, I'll be honest and admit that last Sunday's message was one of those I felt I should apologize for when I'd finished. I know it wasn't a classic, but that had more to do with the fact that my brain was still somewhere between here and India, struggling hard to catch up with my body.

Having said that, one man told me after that he had committed his life to Christ at the end of the teaching and that he plans to be in the baptism class this Sunday, so the truth is God was still at work wherever my head was at.

I'm looking forward to this Sunday. The nativity story is really down-to-earth when you strip away all the add-ons, romantic ideas and Catholic nonsense that have been added in over the years.

It's about a teenager whose God-given purpose in life was unbelievably tough to live out in the real world. Forget all the health, wealth and prosperity stupidity, it costs something to bring Christ to others. But it's the greatest life you could ever live.