My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, December 08, 2006

DELTA

Dear old Delta did it again - got me back home safely from almost the other side of the world. It's a bit short of 8,000 miles in total and it took around 16 hours, but when we touched down at JFK just after 7.00 this morning, it was great to step out into the freezing morning air and know I was back in New York.

I don't know what's behind all Delta's corporate problems, but I applaud their progressive move in introducing a non-stop flight to Mumbai, making it far easier to travel to one of the world's fastest-growing economies. It will be fascinating to watch India continue to rise over the next 50 years (though of course I may not see all of the 50!)and as the country continues to take huge steps forward, the number of people traveling there will rise too.

Delta will get my dollar if they continue to offer such good service and flights that mean it is not necessary to set foot on certain parts of European soil en route.

Great trip! The Mumbai church is really developing. Happy to be able to advise/ coach/ mentor or whatever is the current "in" word!

But man am I tired!!!!