My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

AGELESS SONGS

When some moron pulls alongside you at a light putting out enough decibels to make your car vibrate and shrink the remnants of his own brain, there's one thing for sure - what he considers music is probably not a song someone will still be singing forty years from now.

But back in the world of quality music, I am surely not the only person whose most played song dates back to a duo who only sang together for a brief period in the 60's, but whose work lives on.

Yes folks, the time has come ... this Sunday in our Finding God On Your Ipod series, I finally get to talk about my favorite song - Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon & Garfunkel.

Our worship team will be doing the song and then I want to look at what it says about the person we follow and how we should be doing that. Back in my religious, against-everything-that-moves days, I would never have dreamed I'd be able to listen to Simon & Garfunkel in church.

I love Christianity that's real!