My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, December 04, 2006

CAN YOU IMAGINE?

A world without internet access??? Scarey thought, eh?

That's how ut has been for the past week as I have been in the city of Ambala in norhtern India. I guess there are internet connections in the city itself, but on the outskirts where I was, staying in a small hotel and being shuttled to the chuirch each day for the pastors' conference, there was no chance to discover how to connect with the worldwide web.

The conference was outstanding, with 75 students from the church's short-term Bible School program and 50 pastors from a number of states. It's difficult to comprehend the journeys some of these guys had, travelling hundreds of miles for three days of teaching. I hope they thought it was worthwhile!!!

Since they have no study aids at all and no other access to Bible teaching, the hours that Basil and I spent with them will probably be their sole source of in put for the year and they thoroughly appreciated the time we spent there.

Now we're back in Mumbai. Tonight I'm meeting with the church leadership team and will be encouraging them to be radical in their planning as well as in their personal lives. But before that I have to eat some Indian-style shrimp, in a hot spicey sauce - I love this place.

More news as I get chance.

Thanks for praying.

A very fruitful visit!