My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

THINGS TAKE TIME

While sweating on the treadmill this morning I was reflecting on the journey of this past year and some, while looking at some seriously obese people around me and seriously considering telling them "Stick at it. It takes time. You should have seen me twenty one months ago."

It's interesting meeting people I haven't seen in quite a while. They generally ask How much have you lost? - 128 lb by the way!

Then invariably the second question is - How long has it taken?

The bottom line is that in every area of life most people want the quick fix. They want to shed 50 lb in three minutes or get their massive credit card debt paid off in three months. It doesn't happen that way.

And it doesn't happen at all unless you make a start and stick at it!