My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

CHECKING US OUT

I'm heading out shortly to meet up with a group of people from Meadow Spring Community Church in Shakopee, Minnesota who are visiting us for the weekend.

They've been worshiping in a movie theater for some time now and their pastor, John Laeger, recently told me they have made the decision to embrace their theater church identity rather than go ahead with looking for their own building.

So a bunch of his folks are visiting Long Island's original Church At The Movies to check us out, see how we do things and see if they can get any pointers from the way we utilize the space we rent. Of course I'll be picking their brains too!

Looks like more and more churches are seeing this as the way to go. This weekend I learned that Brandon Duff, whom I have been encouraging up in Ontario, has just about secured the use of a movie theater for the launch of Church At The Falls next spring.

It's a lot of space at a good price and above all it's taking the church to the market place, providing neutral ground for the people we want to reach.