My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

IT'S A SIGN

I have been giving some serious thought to getting a new car, while not getting rid of my seven year old Expedition with 130,000+ miles on the clock, as its cargo capacity is extremely useful, especially on Sunday mornings.

I have been offered an outstanding deal on a two year old model of my favorite car, with a very low mileage and plan to take it for a spin tomorrow. If it's comfortable I'll go for it.

So tonight Gill and I take our daughter and grandson to see the Christmas lights at the nearby Ecology Park. We drive around, enjoy the display, go see Santa, get photos with the old guy (will post tomorrow) and then get into the car to head for home. It died. Stone cold dead. Finito. Expired. No longer with us. Departed. Gone to be with Jesus.

A friend who is a mechanic kindly dropped everything and came to help, but even he couldn't revive the ageing Ford. So it's still there, awaiting a tow truck in the morning.

Do you think that's a sign that I should go for the new vehicle I've been offered?

(Yes is a good answer!)