My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, December 18, 2006

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

What better way to end your day off than settle down and watch one of the NFL's best teams - the Colts of course - on Monday night football?

Of course you have to be a raving insomniac to get the best out of any of ESPN's Monday offerings because their much vaunted earlier start to these games still seldom means the final whistle blows before 11.30pm.

For those of us to whom football is little more than recreation because we do in fact have a life, it's annoying to have to switch off the TV at half time and head for bed so that we can function the following morning.

I know we have four time zones in this country and we need to consider the west coast audience, but what do Pacific coast viewers care - this season anyway? Would they really care if Oakland, San Fran or Seattle had games being aired while they were still at work. It might be merciful to spare them the trauma of watching at all!

MOnday night football at 7.30pm - now you're talking.