My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

JOSH

Had breakfast with my buddy Josh Bonventre this morning. He has done an amazing job of turning around the once ailing Christian Assembly - now known as The Journey - in East Patchogue.

Talking of ailing, Josh is nearing the end of this phase of his bone cancer treatment and is heading for a very demanding couple of months with major chemo, bone marrow transplant and a few other proceedures he'd rather do without, but that will ultimately set him back on the road to health.

He could be out of action for seven or eight weeks, so we were discussing a plan that would help him out on Sundays he's not around. Some of those weeks I'll go straight from our service to his - they start at 10.45 and we finish at 11.00 - and do the same teaching I do with our folks (Josh is probably glad the sex series will be done by then!).

So, as you read this, whether you know him or not, please say a prayer for Josh as he faces a tough several weeks. He's a good guy!