My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

GO LONG!


I got a Borders gift card for Christmas and was in no doubt what I wanted to buy with it - the autobiography of the greatest wide receiver and some say, greatest player in the history of football - former San Francisco Forty-Niner Jerry Rice.


The store in Stony Brook surprisingly did not have it in stock, but undertook to order it, promising that Go Long would be there for me within a week to ten days. Three months later and they still don't have it, so you can imagine my surprise when I went into the small Borders bookshop in Baltimore airport yesterday and found several copies on the shelves.


Having the gift card with me, I swept up the book while I could.


Here's a great quote from what I have read so far -


Our potentials are limited by comfort zones that we all find ourselves in.


Most of us long to get into a comfort zone and then to stay there. But achievers take risks, are ready to be stretched and to stretch themselves.


Over the past several years I have been surrounded by the most wonderful yet insane group of people who have opted to live outside the realm of what they have known, so that together we can see God do things we have never seen before.


We have a great team of winners in our church.


Pity the Forty-Niners didn't have a whole load of Jerry Rices!