My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, April 20, 2007

ONE THING ON MY MIND


As we approach the second weekend of our Desperate Sex Lives series, I decided to watch the news at the gym this morning instead of listening to someone teaching on my iPod, which is what I generally do.
It seems like for weeks now all I have been listening to, researching and studying is in some way connected to sex and I figured I'd take a breather for an hour or so today and watch the Fox News Channel instead.
Having said that, I'm pumped about Sunday.
With such a great turnout in the rain last week, I'm expecting a far bigger crowd in 60+ degrees and sunshine this time around. It's good to know we're scratching an itch, preaching where it matters to people.
I did have one conversation this week with someone who decided not to bring a friend last Sunday as we were talking about sex! Time for a reality check there I think - unless you're dead or a eunuch, it's part of your life and learning how to deal with your sexuality in a God-honoring, freeing kind of way is valuable to all of us.
See you there Sunday, unless ....