My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

REGAL REVISITED

Took another look at The Regal in Ronkonkoma this afternoon, together with the whole pastoral team. I must say, overall we reckon it looks really good and would be a very definite upgrade. That's not to say there won't be a substantial number of challenges, because there will. However it looks like it will make an excellent next stage for the exciting journey that is our church.

We still don't know yet when the transition will be made, but I'm hoping for August, which will give us time to settle in ready for the Sunday after Labor Day, which is the ideal launch date for the all-new Church At The Movies.

I was commended this week for staying so calm in the face of this kind of challenge. That's not hard at all when you fully realize that God is totally in control, Jesus is building this church and that if he wants us out of the Patchogue theater, it must be because he has bigger things in store for us at our next location.

I'm actually excited about all this.

Have to wrestle with the challenges for a while now, find ways around them and then see how we move forward.

God is with us - that's all that really matters!