My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ANOTHER STOLEN BLOG

Check this out from http://www.tonymccollum.com today -

Raging Rivers

I was reading in Joshua this morning about the Israelites crossing the Jordan river. I was struck again by the fact that God asked them to cross the river while it was “overflowing it’s banks” because it was “harvest season.” It would have been so much easier to cross the Jordan if the river was at it’s low point or something but God wanted the Israelites to cross over during harvest season so they could enjoy the fruits of the land the minute they crossed.

The truth is that the rivers are always going to rage and flood when the time is right for us to move. The obstacles are always going to get bigger and taller when the time to move is upon is. It’s okay and it’s actually a sign that there’s fruit on the other side. The rivers rage during the harvest seasons but the Lord of the harvest is bigger than the raging rivers.

Another thing I noticed is that God told the Levites to walk into the water a few steps before He did anything miraculous. Sometimes, we have to take a few steps into the raging rivers before we see God’s hand move but the bottom line is that God will make a way when we follow Him.

Man, I have some smart friends!!!