My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

TALKING OF MOVIE THEATERS ...

Checked out the Regal Cinema on Portion Road in Ronkonkoma today - it rocks!

There's a cafe area that will be expanded over the next few weeks. The seats are way too comfortable and there's good lighting in all the theaters. It would be a major upgrade, meaning no disrespect to Patchogue UA which has provided a good home for us on Sundays over the past four years.

While I was over there today I got a call from National Amusements, the parent company of Island 16. Turns out they don't want to give up the amount of space we need and would not give us much use of foyer areas, hallways, etc where we set up some of our children's ministries, our guest services table, communication corner, etc.

So while it will be a few weeks before we know which way we'll go once our own theater closes some time this summer, Ronkonkoma is looking our likely destination. I'll keep you posted!