My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

EASTER IN SPACE

That's the theme for KIDMO tomorrow where they're taking a break from the wild west theme to boldly go where no man has gone before. It's outrageous stuff and of course the kids will not only love it, they'll come away with a better understanding of Easter.

I reckon the whole morning will be out of this world. I'm reckoning on leaving home at 6.00am so that I can connect with the set-up guys at the theater at 6.30 and then it will be non-stop, getting the place looking its very best and ensuring everything is totally okay for the first of our two services.

As I've said before, the reason we're doing 8.30 and 10.00 tomorrow is not so much a space issue (we have around 1,000 seats in the theaters we use, plus the cafe, nursery and Lil'K areas), it's more about offering choices to make it as easy as possible for the unchurched to come.

This will be our last Easter in this location and it's going to rock. The band have put some great stuff together, we have some outstanding video work (you gotta be there to see the countdown video before service starts) and I'm all primed and ready with the message. The biggest challenge will be condensing everything into 60 minutes - for the uninitiated, we usually run 90.

In a few minutes I'm heading down to Grace House where we're bringing in all the homeless guys we generally serve on our Saturday afternoon outreach, so we can give them a first-rate, sit-down Easter dinner.

This is going to be one great weekend!