My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

DOWN IN THE DR

With Easter Sunday's temperatures forecast to be one degree lower than Christmas Day, our team in the Dominican Republic could be forgiven for thinking twice about leaving the 80+ degrees they've been enjoying there all week.

But from what I gathered in a call from Charlotte this evening, their mission has been accomplished and they have done remarkably well, so tomorrow they head back home Today saw the opening of the new medical clinic that our guys started work on last year and that was finally completed this trip in time for the Mayor to officially open it.

Great work by our team, a good investment by those who sponsored the project and a further achievement for our missionaries Rob and Kelli Nelson.

Island Impact has achieved a heck of a lot in just over three years. You can discover more about them here -

http://www.islandimpact.net