My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

SUNDAY REFLECTIONS

It's Sunday evening and I'm just looking back over a very good day. Random thoughts coming up -

I love Celebration Sundays. Seeing folks get baptized reminds me of what this is all about.

We were going to be short on our set-up team today for a variety of reasons, but with a few quick calls yesterday I think we had the biggest crew ever. Our folks are all-stars.

Because his dad works crazy hours, our grandson Jace is with us while his mom is leading the missions team in the DR. He's a brilliant kid. Yesterday while I was in the supermarket with him he was eyeing these plastic rifles, so I bought him one. (For the uninitiated, that's what grandparents do!) It cost a whole $1.50 and he has played with it all day today. Who needs X-Boxes???

BTW, I haven't fully grasped that it's Easter next Sunday. I guess that'll hit me some time soon. It had better!

Great news from Brandon Duff, the pastor up in Niagara falls I've been guiding a bit as he prepared to launch his new church today. There were 97 people in service and considering it was raining heavily, that's a great crowd for the first Sunday.

I'm wondering how I'll do when I weigh in tomorrow morning. I just need to have dropped 2.2lb this week to have finally reached my goal and a total weight loss of 132 lb. Time will tell, but I certainly won't be eating a steak dinner tonight.

This is a good day for many reasons. Last but not least, it's baseball's season opener for the Mets and they're on ESPN tonight, so I'm going to be watching the game with my grandson.

Let's Go Mets!